Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday, the Day of Roast

The day started off right with Sunday Roast. I got to have everything that I love about thanksgiving, for breakfast. And you can do this every Sunday. It's probably good we don't do it at home... gravy, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding and cauliflower cheese... for breakfast. (I can't believe I didn't take a photo).

Went to Columbia Road flower market afterwards, to the Rob Ryan shop/gallery which was incredible, since I'm such a huge fan of his work! More cute art shops like Elphicks which I successfully resisted purchasing anything in as my CDN dollars don't go very far here. Yikes.


Dave and I went on a little journey along the Thames after that (so nice, the architecture and care that goes into everything here is incredible) and popped into the Tate Modern.


Then Mark, Moi and I went to see the Cut Copy show which was so good! It's kind of ridiculous how different some things are here... the venue we went to was likely done in the 1920s, super ornate wood working, gold everywhere, balcony seating. Though I'm still a big fan of a well-loved, scungey, beer-soaked venue. Dave is off, exploring the London Transit system and trying to find his way home, since the tube closes SO EARLY here! Kind of strange for a city with such a crazy nightlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment